JavaFAQ Home » Java Tools
J2Native is the software development kit for working with native code from any Java application without using Java Native Interface (JNI) technology.
J2Native is the software development kit for working with native code from any Java application without using Java Native Interface (JNI) technology. While using J2Native you do not have to create native code libraries or deal with native code at all. You can call functions from any dynamic library or use system API without necessity to waste time on studying JNI. And now Smardec announces that with 2.0 version J2Native library can be used in non-commercial purposes absolutely free of charge.
Science doesn’t stand still and is constantly developing and improving as well as people’s needs and demands are changing themselves and the world around them. Realizing this fact Smardec updates its products in accordance with needs and desires of its customers at the same time introducing something new and unexpected. Thus, the list of major innovations includes:
- Iterate indexes. Now when working with arrays of native data there is no necessity to create a new index, it will be sufficient to indicate an element index in the array to get it.
- New zero terminated string handling mechanism implemented.
- Native memory handling algorithms were improved to avoid potential memory leaks.
- All found bugs have been fixed. Thanks to the increasing expansion of J2Native and the number of people using it, valuable feedback has been received. A great deal of bugs were found and corrected and now it is possible to say with confidence that the software is free of bugs. The new J2Native version works not only under Windows operating systems but under Linux and Solaris as well.
During the time of creation of 2.0 version, there were received many letters with a suggestion to use J2Native in educational programs of different kind and for non-commercial use. Each time considering such suggestions Smardec made some improvements realizing the importance of education for development and improvement of the software in particular and for scientific and technological progress in general.
To sum up everything mentioned above, it’s necessary to say that J2Native like any other product has passed all the stages of software development, from an idea to Beta version and from Beta to its first release. Then there was a long stage of testing and implementing it in living projects. A lot of bugs were found and corrected during the period. Finally, it was realized for what the developers needed J2Native, how and where it was going to be used and where its efficiency and functionality would be of maximum use. Based on that mentioned above, the functional of the library was correspondently expended and changed. And now J2Native is a final product both in the way it should be and you need it. Now you can concentrate not on details but on the essence and thus save your money and time. Take it and use it as J2Native library was created specially for you.
We understand that the performance of the product is important for our customers and we are proud that we have created the product that meets your expectations. It also should be admitted that while increasing the speed of its work we managed to preserve its reliability and convenience in usage. And we still continue to improve the product paying special attention to the demands of our customers we are constantly in touch with.
Advantages of J2Native:
- Windows, Linux and Solaris support
- Invoke any function with any parameters from native library
- Support for stdcall and cdecl calling conventions
- Support for callbacks with any parameters and calling conventions
- Support for large amount of data types
- Optimized for operations with large amounts of native data
- Ability to implement new data types or customize existing ones
- Concurrent function invocations are thread-safe
- Advanced and customizable native libraries searching mechanism
- Automatic resource management
- Native code errors and crashes in native functions are converted to java exceptions
- Complete documentation
- Straightforward API
- Compatible with JDK 1.3, JDK 1.4 and JDK 1.5
- Free email support for 12 months
- Free updates and upgrades for 12 months
- No royalty or runtime fees
J2Native home page and download .
Printer Friendly Page
Send to a Friend
Search here again if you need more info!