JavaFAQ Home » Good To Know
Getting certified is a great way to invest in your professional development
and to help boost your career potential. IT managers know the skills verified
during the certification process are the same skills that can lead to increased
productivity and enhanced staff credibility.
Earning a Sun Java technology certification provides a clear demonstration of
your technical skills and professional dedication.
Sun offers the following certifications for Java technologies:
- Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition
- Sun Certified Developer for the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition
- Sun Certified Web Component Developer for the Java 2 Platform,
- Sun Certified Business Component Developer for the Java 2 Platform,
- Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise
- Sun Certified Mobile Application Developer for the Java 2 Platform,
Any IT certification path can be confusing and costly. In addition to reading
articles, tutorials, and newsletters on java.sun.com, you can take the Career
Accelerator Packages (CAPs) to take the guesswork out of preparing for
certification. Each CAP package is specific to the type of certification you
want, and CAP packages are available in the following learning modes:
- Instructor-led Training - Provides lectures and labs delivered by
technical experts certified in their field as instructors.
- Web-based Training - Entitles you to 24/7 access to courseware from a
desktop or laptop and select courses include eMentoring from subject matter
- eMentoring - Provides a question and answer forum with guidance and
interaction from subject matter experts and a community of learners who are
taking the same course.
- ePractice Exams - Helps you prepare to take Sun certification exams by
practicing before taking the real exam.
- Exam Vouchers - Gives you entitlement to take the certification exam at
an authorized Prometric testing center.
- Programming Assignments - Submitted online and evaluated by an expert
programmer, validates your expertise as a Java programmer or architect.
Certification exams are based on recommended Sun instructor-led classes and
six to twelve months of actual job role experience. Sun does not claim that by
taking courses you are guaranteed to pass the certification examinations.
However, the courses are an important component in certification preparation.
Once you have taken training, either instructor-led or web-based, you've had
all your questions answered through eMentoring, you've taken practice exams and
done well, received your voucher, and worked out an assignment, then you are
ready to take the certification exam.
Exam costs vary depending on the country you live in. Sun certification exams
and programming assignments are available for purchase online in four easy
- Purchase exam or programming assignment.
- Schedule your exam.
- Take your test.
- Manage your certification progress.
Exams purchased on the Sun web site may only be used in the U.S. If you
reside outside the U.S., check the web site to select a country to inquire about
products delivered in your country.
Each exam has approximately 60 questions, and you are given 120 minutes to
take the exam.
Printer Friendly Page
Send to a Friend
Search here again if you need more info!